Producer/Director – The British Council, Shakespeare Lives
Two films about the life of Shakespeare; one based in Stratford, the other in London to commemorate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death in 2016.
Producer/Director - Future Learn, Blended Learning
Project managing and filming 28 case studies across 6 locations around the UK, working with academics from UCL and the University of Leeds.
Producer/Director/Project Manager – TESS-India
Filming and project managing on a large collaborative project involving agencies in the UK and India to produce 300 films in 6 Indian languages, targeted to help improve the teaching of 3 million Indian teachers.
- Engineering at the Cutting Edge
5 x 30’ series about different kinds of innovative engineering projects around the UK.
Worlds of English
- A series of over 20 short films about the impact of the English language around the World. For example, the films included: the expansion of English in China, Singlish in Singapore, Euro English in the European Parliament and the complexities of bilingual family life in the UK.
Introduction to the Social Sciences
- 2 x 90 minute films. The first film explored the Social Sciences through the life of a single street, and the second film built
on these ideas by investigating the legacy of coal in Cardiff Bay and the Valleys. These films are designed to introduce all of the OU’s social science degrees for the next ten years.
- A series of short films covering topics of mental health and illness including depression and bi-polar disorder,
as well as a wide range of other conditions and issues.
Social Care, Social Work and the Law
- A series of short films, which included a drama reconstruction of a Child Protection Conference,
as well as documentaries on forced feeding, youth offenders and working with the terminally ill.
Chris has directed and shot well over 80 educational documentary programmes for Teachers TV
with Evans Woolfe Media covering the FE, Secondary and Primary Sectors. Highlights include:
Shooting a three part series on the education of Iraqi refugees in Syria, which won an RTS Education award in 2009, many of the Channel’s popular John Bayley programmes, including Bayley in the USA. Chris also shot films about some of the challenges facing NQTS (newly qualified teachers), two films for Amnesty International and Teachers TV on human rights, and a multiplatform series of four interactive CPD packages for Middle Leaders in Schools.